Our Environmental Policy Statement
Shades of Green Events is committed to protecting the environment and sees environmental protection as one of our guiding principles and a key component of sound business performance. We aim to professionally manage events and exhibitions in such a way that there is minimal negative environmental impact, while increasing the economic, social and environmental benefit. We do this by focussing on the triple bottom line – financial profitability, environmental integrity and social equity. We encourage clients, partners, suppliers and service providers to consider the environment in their operations and initiatives, and in particular offer services – carbon footprint analysis and environmental policy development – to assist them in this regard.
In all our operations and projects we will as far as possible:
- Incorporate social and environmental responsible decision making
- Apply the following greening principles and practices: green design, energy efficiency, effective waste minimization and management, water conservation, sustainable transportation, eco-procurement, responsible tourism, and protecting and enhancing biodiversity
- Promote environmental awareness among our employees and so will encourage them to work in an environmentally responsible manner
- Communicate our environmental commitment to our partners, clients, suppliers and service providers
- Strive to continually improve our environmental performance by periodically reviewing our environmental policy.
Kylie van Staden